Mazwai Strategic Communications
Mazwai Strategic Communications was founded by Nomahlubi Mazwai in 1998, with a clear focus on delivering an end-to-end Communications and Events Management Solutions in an economically and socially diverse market – from creative conceptualisation through to planning, production and reporting. We employ a specialized events methodology that allows the smooth implementation of small to complex events in a manner that is cost and resource efficient.
The Communications Landscape
Our vision is to deliver tailored communications solutions in an economically diverse global market while taking into account the environment in which our clients operate. Our developmental approach to communications an all-inclusive, people-centred model of communication, using creative methods to maximise reach. We put extra effort into truly understanding our clients’ businesses and their respective industries, whilst taking a strategic approach to communications that encompasses all aspects of the communications mix. We believe in delivering campaign results that add meaningful and sustainable value to our clients’ business.
The Events Landscape
Mazwai Strategic Communications employs a specialized events methodology that offers clients the benefit of an end-to-end experience – from creative conceptualisation through to planning, production and reporting. We are recognized for the attention to detail and an uncompromising approach to quality event presentation that we apply to all projects we approach. With over 170 years’ experience in a team of dedicated, highly experienced, creative and dynamic specialists collective years of experience spanning across all aspects of communications and events, we pride ourselves in delivering events that are strategically fit, smoothly implemented and truly spectacular.
We have pushed all areas of Communications and Events Management to new frontiers through our vast network of specialists and strategic partners, we offer expertise in all areas of Communications, Event Management and Infrastructure, including:
- Cultural and Lifestyle Events
- Road Shows
- Launch Events
- Brand Activations
Proud Winner of the 2015 Silver Prism Award for excellence in Public Relations Management.
Some of our Accomplishments
- Founder and sole organiser of the Buyel’Ekhaya Pan African Festival since 2009 for 8 consecutive years. Some of the milestones and accomplishments include:
- Awarded flagship status in 2014 by the Department of Arts and Culture under the Mzanzi Golden Economy initiative, for its contribution to the arts ecology.
- Buyel’ Ekhaya is honoured to have been given the recognition of being named a signature event of the Eastern Cape Province in Premier Phumulo Masualle’s 2015 State of the Province address.
- Pioneered several development programmes in the Eastern Cape, such as the Buyel’Ekhaya Fashion Development Programme.
- Achieved a consistent growth in audience attendance, with a capacity attendance for three consecutive years.
- A proudly South African, black owned Company.
- Winner of 2015 Silver Prism Award for Public Relations Management
About the Founder
Nomahlubi Mazwai is a seasoned communications practitioner with over 24 years’ experience in both the public and private sector. Her credentials include:
- Rhodes University graduate (Honours degree in Journalism and Media Studies; majored in Industrial Psychology; other subjects included Economics, Linguistics and Visual Communications)
- Benefited from an ANC Diplomatic Training Programme facilitated by the Department of International Affairs in preparation for a democratic South Africa’s Diplomatic Corps. Trained in Berlin and Germany at the Clingendaal Institute for International Relations in The Hague; qualified with Diplomas in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Holds a Certificate in Management from the Arthur D. Little Institute of Management in Boston, Massachusetts
- Worked as Head of Communications at BMF and the Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA)
- Appointed as a member of the ANC Centenary’s finance and fundraising sub-committee.
- Appointed in 2011 as part of a four member structure for the implementation of the year-long centenary events